It is not surprising that chocolate is the world's most craved food. Basically, chocolates are prepared using Cocoa. Generally, It takes around five years for a cocoa tree to provide fruit. The size of the fruit is almost similar to a size of a football and contains over fifty cocoa beans.
A grown Cocao tree, under the region that is 10°S and 10°N of the Equator where the climate is humid, warm and with heavy rainfall can produce fruit for around 100 years.
Why should we use chocolate (Health benefit)
A study in Sweden found that having up to 45grms of chocolate per week can reduce over 20 percent stroke risk among Females. It contains flavonoids whose antioxidant functionalities help fight strokes.
Ingredients required to make chocolate
- Cocoa powder 5 tbsp. (tablespoon)
- Sugar 2/3 cup
- Butter 3 tbsp.
- Milk 1 small cup/ Milk Powder 100 gm
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp (teaspoon)
- Cocoa oil 1 tsp (optional)
- Water ½ cup
- Heat the water.
- Use soft and fresh butter and meld it with the Cocoa powder in a bowl. Cream together until it becomes the smooth paste. You may use a fork, blender, or a food processor to remove lumps.
Soft butter with Cocao powder
- Add water to the butter mixed Cocoa. The water needs to be hot but, should not be boiling. Blend it well and pour the hot mixture into a bowl.
Adding water to the Cocao
4. Now, add sugar and Cocoa oil to the mixture. Compound and eliminate if you still get any clumps.
Mixing sugar to the mixture
- Put on milk to the compounded hot Cocoa. Grind it till smooth.
- Get a chocolate container, pour the mixture. You can take a container with various shapes, so you can get chocolates with a number of designs. Leave it as it is for around 12 Hours. Now share your chocolate with family and friends.
Chocolates in a container
- If you desire to add fruit like almond, peanut, etc. can be added before pouring to a container (con be both roasted and non-roasted; prefer roasted).
- It is not necessary to put Cocoa oil. If it is hard to collect from local market can be eliminated from the ingredients (mostly it is used to get mixture creamy).
- You can either buy cocoa powder or paste the cocoa seed (Before grinding the seed it needs to be roasted well and uncovered.)