How to Sharpen Lawn Mower Blade?
Spring season is one of the best seasons of the year. But at the same time, we may face many issues maintaining our gardens due to grass problems.
Before you start, you need to know about the motor lawn. The motor lawn is a best mechanical machine to cut the grasses of your garden, it is the easiest way to work with in your garden if you are using this machine. But some times this kind of machine also need maintenance, like repairing or sharpening the lawn mower blades.
Lawn mower blades need to be sharpened every once in a while to ensure that the machine’s cutting is effective. With the help of sharp lawn mower blades, mowing will be a lot easier and a lot faster to work. During the grass growing season, the lawn mower blades will be put used extensively in this season and therefore it needs to be in good condition while you use it.
The great thing about this maintenance is that it is quite easy even for you to do-it-yourself. Sharpening the blades do not require any professional qualification, it's easy to do on your own. But before you start, you need to grab some of the tools to sharpen for blades.
What you will need
- Wrench or Pliers
- Steel Wool
- Steel Brush
- Soap and Water
- Clean Cloth
- Grinder Wheel, File or Sharpening Kit
Here are the some of the tips which will help you out to work with How to Sharpen a Lawn Mower Blade.
- Disconnect the spark-plug wire from the spark plug to prevent accidental starting.
- Tip up the lawnmower with its spark plug pointing vertically.
- Put on a leather work glove and grab hold of lawnmower blade.
- Use ratcheting socket wrench to remove the nuts holding the blade to the mower.
- Remove the blade from the mower.
- Clamp blade in a vise to hold it or secure down in its place and use a metal file to sharpen the cutting edges of the blade until it gets the nice sharp edge.
- Chuck a blade-sharpening stone into a drill then the driver and use it to sharpen the lawnmower blade. Grab an eye glass to protect the eye, Be sure to keep the stone's plastic guide against the rear of the blade to have a cross edge.
8.You can use a bench grinder to sharpen the lawnmower blade.
- Repeat to sharpen opposite side end of the blade.
- Then Set the sharpened blade onto a blade balancer. If the blade is out of balance then it can damage the machine, file or grind a bit more steel from the heavy end for balance edge.
- Then Use a putty knife to scrape off any unwanted matted grass clippings from the underside of the mowing deck.
- Then mount the blade, firmly tightening the nuts with a ratcheting socket wrench.
- At last, Lower the mower and reattach the spark-plug wire which was unplugged.
Here are some of the solutions which will help you out to work with How to Sharpen a Lawn Mower Blade.