Most of the times people are totally confused about how you the install windows or how you trim it and stuff like that. So, installing interior window trim is a project that is not a very difficult job, but until the interior window trim ceases to be straight.
Many of today's homeowners who are energy conscious are choosing to do their own interior window trim. If you are ready to install window trim in your house and you would like a few guidelines, here are some of the steps that will help you with your installation.
- Mark the location of each side casing on the wall.
- Measure and crosscut the window stool to length from 1x4 primed pine.
- Rip the window stool to width using a handsaw.
- Use a pencil scriber to mark a notch on each end of the stool.
- Use the saw to notches the wood side so it fits snugly around the window stops.
- By using the block plane and 120-grit sandpaper round over the sharp edges and ends of the window stool.
- Then use the stool to the window with 2½-inch finishing nails.
- Tap the nailheads inside the wood below the surface using a hammer and nail set.
9.Measure and saw the side of the casings to length, then glue it properly and nail them in place with 2-inch and 2½-inch finishing nails.
10.Then nail the bottom of end side casings and underside of window stool.
- Mark the line and cut the head casing to the measured length.
- Apply the Glue and nail the head casing across the top of the window.
- Mark and cut the apron to length.
- Apply the glue to the top edge of the apron, then use the nail directly on the wall below the window stool.
- Wipe away any unwanted or excess glue with a damp cloth.
- If there are any nails holes in wood then fill all nail holes with wood putty .once the putty dries, sand the surface smoothly.
- Wipe away sanding all unwanted dust with a damp cloth, then paint the trim.
Here are some of the solution which may help you out to work with How to Install Interior Window Trim.If you guys have any quarries or question you can comment below.
Must Read: How to Attach Window Boxes to Brick Siding?