Most of the times people get in trouble with the bathroom problem. Some times it gets messy around with the bathroom system on flooring or the problem with your crack tiles. People mostly don't know how to work with tiles. They get totally confused but it's not that hard to work with.
Stone tile can give an old bathroom floor a new look which you really looking for. Not only does tile improve the appearance of the bathroom, but it also adds some durability how you represent your floor. Installing new tile is a relatively straightforward project that only takes a weekend to finish to give your bathroom a new look.
Before you start working, you need the plan in any work. Planning is the first best ways in laying out a tile bathroom. Measure the entire room and determine how many tiles you’ll need for the job.
You also need to consider placement about how you planning to plate the tile intersects major features in the bathroom. It’s always a good idea to lay out a test line of the tile to ensure everything is a good fit and exactly where you want it.
What you will need
Before you start in any kind of works, you need to know what sorts of tools will be useful or needed. Here are some of the tools which will be applied for this job.
- Tape measure
- Chalk line
- Thinset mortar
- Mixing drill and paddle
- Rubber float
Here are some of the tips which will help you out with How to Tile a Bathroom Floor by yourself.
- First make a Plan the tile layout based on the size of the tile and the position where to fit a primary element, such as the tub or vanity.
- Then Snap a chalk line onto the floor to establish the starting point of the tile to have a perfect fit.
- Mix up the fortified thin-set mortar with water in a bucket using an electric drill and mixing paddle.
- Apply the mortar to all over the subfloor using a ¼-inch x ¼-inch notched trowel. Spread the mortar along the chalk line, but don't obscure the lineout.
- Set the first sheet of mosaic tiles into the mortar, don,t cover up the chalk line.
- Then Lightly press down the tile using a rubber float.
- Continue the same process spreading the mortar and set tiles across the floor. Be sure to maintain consistent joints between the tile sheets.
- When it's necessary to fit the tiles around an obstacle, such as a toilet flange, use a utility knife to slice through the backing mesh, then remove the individual mosaic tiles from the sheet.
9.If necessary then cut the mosaic-tile sheets using the wet saw then fit along with the wall.
- Mix up the more thin-set mortar, if needed then set the last tile sheets into place.
- Then let the mortar to cure overnight, then mix water and tile grout in a bucket using a margin trowel so the unwanted grout gets off.
- Spread the grout around the floor press the grout using a rubber float. Be sure to force the grout down into all the spaces between the tiles.
- Wait for at least hour or two for the grout to set up (partially harden), then wipe off the unwanted grout with a damp sponge.
- Let the grout to cure for three or four hours, then clean off any residual haze with a soft, dry cloth.
This was the some of the tips which may help you to work with How to Tile a Bathroom Floor. if you guys have any question or quarries you can comment below.