How do you Remove Lead Paint?
Most of the time people don't focus on home integral parts such as checking up home yearly to-do list. Most important part is lead painting they forget to recognize the lead paint whether the paint is ok or not. Mostly Peeling, chipping, chalking or cracking lead-based paint is a hazard and needs immediate attentions.
Lead-based paint may also be dangerous when it found on surface children can chew or that can bring you a lot of wear and tear .so here are some of the easy steps which you can handle it by your self.
- First, use a paint scraper to remove all the paint from the outside corners of the baseboard.
- By the help of HEPA vacuum collect all the lead-paint dust.
- Then apply new drywall on the walls that contain lead.
- Remove all the doors, window and mantelpieces, then bring the commercial refinisher which have dip tank for chemically stripping to remove the old paint.
- Remove all moldings by Using a hammer and pry bar because it will be replaced by new wood.
- Then use a HEPA vacuum cleaner to collect lead-paint dust after removing the moldings.
- Then Insulate all the wet pocket or voids around the windows and exterior doors prior before replacing the interior trim.
- Wash all surfaces in the entire room with a TSP solution after removing all the lead paint.
Read this too: Get to know about Kitchen Paint Ideas