Elizabeth Vargas still recovering from alcohol and drinking problem. Will she return to rehab??

September 22, 2015
First published on:September 22, 2015
by HitBerry

'20/20' anchor Elizabeth Vargas is deeply trapped in her alcohol addiction. She has been struggling with it for years and she even entered a rehab center twice in the last two years before finally getting out of it sober.

The news of her being an alcoholic came out in the open back in 2013 when ABC confirmed to the New York Daily about her then undergoing treatment. She herself admitted that she was dealing with the addiction and was an alcoholic.

Her addiction became the core cause of her split with her husband of twelve years. The ABC host separated with her songwriter husband, Marc Cohn after he allegedly cheated on her while she was in a rehab for the treatment. Vargas blamed herself for it and is now on a verge of divorce.

After being in a rehab twice, the American television journalist has realized the consequences of alcohol addiction. She spent a week in the rehabilitation center and came out as a new person, a changed person. She returned to her work as soon as she got out and ABC welcomed her back cheerfully.

But there are still several people who doubt her. They believe that Vargas’ sobriety is something that would last for a brief moment only. They think that the 51 year old journalist, who has been battling alcoholism since young age, won’t be able to quit her habit so easily. So what do you think about that? Do you also think that Vargas could be back to rehab any time soon?

We did a little survey among our readers on the hot topic and do you want to know what we found?

65 percent of the people who participated in the online poll voted on Vargas’ favor whereas the remaining 35 percent voted against her. Most of our readers seem to believe that the former anchor of World News Tonight will win over alcohol and begin a new life with a fresh start but there are still few who think that Vargas has always had a drinking problem and she won’t be able to overcome it. Some have even remarked that she will check into a rehab in 2015.

But whatever the people’s reaction, one thing is clear. Vargas, though struggling, has proven her bravery and she will keep up her battle with alcohol until she gets over it.

She told last year: “I feel I have let myself, my co-workers and most importantly my family down and for that I am ashamed and sorry. I am committed to battling and addressing this debilitating disease and want to thank everyone who has offered their unwavering support during this trying time.”

According to a source close to the host of ABC News specials, she is determined to fight the addiction. It said: “Elizabeth is a strong woman with a strong will power. She is determined to kick the butt of her addiction. She has been working hard to rid herself from the burden.”

The insider added: “She lost her husband. She knows she would’ve lost her job as well if ABC hadn’t been supportive of her.” They further claimed that she is grateful and wants to live rest of her life with her two children Zachary Raphael Cohn, 12 and Samuel Wyatt Cohn, 9.

Vargas thanked all her fans and lovers for supporting her throughout the terrible ordeal via Twitter and she has also planned to release a memoir of her struggle next year.